Testing and development platform
Experiments in real conditions
Fives' testing and Development platform proposes technical surveys, diagnosis, advice and improvement suggestions to steel and glass producers in the field of the thermal and tends to offer these services to other industry sectors.
These services can include testing in real conditions in thermal engineering, combustion and fluid mechanics in order to increase performance, reduce pollutant emissions, design new equipment...
Tests are carried out on test bench in semi-industrial conditions. Analytical tools or digital simulations can also be implemented (ANSYS, FLUENT).
Reliable equipment for successful tests
The test and development platform is located on 2 halls of 1200m² containing:
- A lean gas generation cell for the development of burner and radiant tube technologies that may accept the industrial gas produced in steel plants
- A test cell for large size radiant tubes
- A furnace for a test campaign for the development of a new photovoltaic glass production process
- Supply with natural gas, LPG, domestic fuel oil and heavy fuel oil. Steel plant type fuels can be reproduced through a lean gas generator.
- Specific hydrogen and nitrogen systems complete the gas system
The blowers, 400 kW electric heater or the glycol water cooling system are supplied by a 630 kVa electric supply.
Examples of achievements
- Testing machine for rapid annealing of samples for new steel grades in the automotive sector.
- Co-development and industrialisation of an AdvanTek® burner for steel strip processing lines, with 10 %energy consumption reduction.
- Process for texturing of flat glass for the production of photovoltaic modules
⇒ For recruitment-related matters (application, etc.), please do not use this form. Make your requests on this page.
In order to address your request, we need to collect the information listed in the form below
Information on data processing
As a data processor, FIVES implements personal data processing when managing your contact request. The data collected are required for this processing and are retained, unless you object, for a period of 6 months from the last contact between you and FIVES. If the information is incomplete, FIVES will not be able to respond to your contact.
The data collected are exclusively for the use of FIVES departments.
Pursuant to current legislation, you have the right to request access to data concerning you, their correction, deletion and portability, as well as a right of limitation over processing of your data.
These rights can be exercised by email to DPO@fivesgroup.com or by post to the Data Protection Officer at the following address: FIVES, 3 Rue Drouot, 75009 Paris, accompanied by a copy of an identity document.
In case of a dispute involving processing of your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to the French Data Protection Agency (CNIL).
To find out more about our personal data protection policy click here